Who Are Our Junior Volunteers?
Junior volunteers contribute their time and talents to assist the hospital in a wide variety of activities. KDMC has an 8-week summer student volunteer program for those between the ages of 15 and 18. This program runs June 5th through July 28th. Student volunteers select assignments according to their career goals and interests.
Application deadline for the Summer of 2023 will be May 12th, 2023.
Junior Volunteer Services
KDMC volunteers contribute their time and a wide array of talents in a variety of assignments. A sample of volunteer service responsibilities is listed below:
- Transporting patients to and from testing areas
- Providing information and assistance to patients and visitors at the Information Desk
- Reader to Patient Program – reading to patients
- Serving as a communications link and host or hostess to patients and families in the Emergency Waiting Room
- Typing, filing, photocopying, collating, and other clerical work in individual departments
- Assisting with special events and special projects
- Answering telephones
(For high school students 15 to 18 years of age or recent graduates with a minimum GPA of 2.5)